Podular’s Payment Terms
Last Updated: March 2021
The following terms (these “Payment Terms”) govern payments you make or receive through Podular Sites below (the “Site”),
Please read these Payment Terms carefully before making or receiving payments through the Site. By making or receiving payments through the Site, you accept and agree, on behalf of yourself or on behalf of your employer or any other entity (if applicable), to be bound and abide by these Payment Terms. These Terms are supplemental to Podular’s General Terms of Service and Podular Business Terms of Service, as applicable (collectively, the “Terms of Service”).
Capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the respective meanings given to them in the Terms of Service.
Podular Balance is the aggregated amount of your Revenue as a Seller and/or returned payments from cancelled orders as a Buyer and/or your Podular Business Balance (as defined in the Podular Business Terms of Service).
Payment Services Provider(s) are service providers that provide payment services to Buyers and Sellers in connection with the Podular platform, including with respect to collection of funds from Buyers in connection with purchases, remittance and withdrawal of funds to Sellers, currency exchange services in connection with payments and withdrawals in local currencies, and the holding of funds in connection with Podular Balances.
Revenue is the money that Sellers earn from completed orders and can either withdraw or use to purchase on Podular, subject to these Terms.
- Each Service you sell and successfully complete, accredits your account with revenue equal to 80% of the purchase amount.
- Podular accredits Sellers once an order is completed. See the “Orders” section in the Terms of Service for a definition of a completed order.
- If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be returned to the Buyer’s Podular Balance.
- Sellers are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any GST, VAT or income tax, which may apply to them depending on residency, location or otherwise, under provisions of their jurisdiction. Sellers represent and warrant that they comply, and will comply at all times, with their obligations under income tax provisions in their jurisdiction. The price shown on the Service page is inclusive of all such taxes and charges that may apply to the Sellers.
- Appointment as Limited Payment Collection Agent: Seller hereby appoints Podular as Seller’s limited authorized payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting payments (via its Payment Services Provider, if applicable) from Buyer, and remitting those payments to Seller. Seller agrees that payment from Buyer to Podular shall be considered the same as a made directly to Seller. Buyer’s payment obligation to Seller will be satisfied upon receipt of payment by Podular (or its Payment Services Provider, as applicable), and Podular (via its Payment Services Provider, as applicable) is responsible for remitting the funds to the Seller in the manner described in these Payment Terms. In the event that Podular (via Payment Services Provider) does not remit any such amounts to Seller, the Seller will have recourse only against Podular and not the Buyer directly. Seller agrees that Podular may describe or otherwise reflect the terms contained herein in any terms of service, receipts, disclosures, or notices including, but not limited to, receipts provided to Buyers that Podular may deem necessary or prudent.
- Podular partners with Payment Services Providers for purposes of collecting payments from Buyers, transferring such payments from Buyers to Sellers, and holding funds in connection with Podular Balances. All payments services in connection with the withdrawal of funds on the Podular platform are performed by Podular’s Payment Services Providers.
- To withdraw your revenue, you must have an account with at least one of Podular’s Payment Service Providers for the withdrawal methods listed below. All funds eligible for Withdrawal will be held on your behalf at an account with Podular’s Payment Services Provider. All payment services, including withdrawal services, will be provided by Podular’s Payment Services Provider.
- Your Podular profile can be associated with only one account from each Podular withdrawal method. A Payment Service Provider withdrawal account can be associated with only one Podular profile.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the order is marked as complete. Top Rated Sellers are eligible to withdraw revenue following a safety clearance period of 7 days after the order is marked as complete.
- Sellers may withdraw their revenues using one of Podular’s withdrawal options (see Withdrawal Section below regarding payment terms). To withdraw your available revenue, you must click on the designated withdrawal provider to initiate the withdrawal process.
- For security concerns, Podular may temporarily disable a Seller’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behavior reported by other users, or associating multiple Podular accounts to a single withdrawal provider.
- Withdrawals can only be made in the amount available to you.
- Withdrawal fees vary depending on the withdrawal method.
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone. We will not be able to reverse this process once it has begun.
- In certain cases, Sellers may withdraw Revenues in several different currencies. All currency exchange services in connection with such withdrawals are performed by Podular’s Payment Services Providers. Your Podular Balance is always derived from its US$ value and, therefore, the local currency amount of your Podular Balance may change daily in accordance with exchange rate fluctuations and also includes conversion fees. Sellers always have the option to withdraw Revenues in US$.
- Sellers will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days following full verification of ownership of the account in question, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to Podular’s approval.
- Withdraw to your PayPal Account – $0 Fee*. For a list of PayPal services by country click here.
- Podular Revenue Card™ – $1 Fee* within 2 days, or $3 Fee* within 2 hours. For more information, see Pricing and Fees. Available worldwide, except for India and Russia.
- Local Bank Transfer (LBT) – $3 per transfer*. For more information, see Pricing and Fees. Available worldwide.
- Direct Deposit (ACH) – $1 per transfer*. For more information, see Pricing and Fees. Available only in the US.
* Additional fees may apply based on your location and currency.
- Buyers pay Podular to create an order from a Seller’s Service page or Custom Offer, using the Order Now button. Podular partners with Payment Services Providers for purposes of collecting all payments from Buyers, transferring such payments from Buyers to Sellers, and holding funds in connection with Podular Balances. All payments services in connection with the collection of funds on the Podular platform are performed by Podular’s Payment Services Providers.
- Podular serves as Seller’s limited authorized payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting payments (via its Payment Services Provider, if applicable) from Buyer, and remitting those payments to Seller. Buyer’s payment obligation to Seller will be satisfied upon receipt of payment by Podular (or its Payment Services Provider, as applicable), and Podular (via its Payment Service Provider, as applicable) is responsible for remitting the funds to the Seller in the manner described in these Payment Terms. In the event that Podular (via Payment Services Provider) does not remit any such amounts to Seller, the Seller will have recourse only against Podular and not the Buyer directly.
- In most locations, purchases on Podular can be made by using one of the following payment methods: Credit Card, PayPal, Podular Credits or existing Podular Balance. Additional payment methods may apply in certain locations.
- Service fees are added at the time of purchase where you can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of March 2021, the service fees are 5.5% of the purchase amount. For purchases under $50 an additional $2 small order fee will be applied.
- Your existing Podular Balance will be automatically applied to your next purchase.
- You may not offer Sellers to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the Site. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to Customer Support
- You agree to receive invoices and/or payment receipts from Podular in electronic form as PDF documents, by email or through the Site.
- By using any payment method and/or providing payment details for making purchases on Podular, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are legally authorized to provide such information; (b) you are legally authorized or have permission to make payments using the payment method(s); (c) if you are an employee or agent of a company or person that owns the payment method, you are authorized by that company or person to use the payment method to make payments on Podular; and (d) such actions do not violate any applicable law.
- You can pay on Podular in several different currencies. Unless stated otherwise, you will be charged in the currency displayed on the payment page. All currency exchange services in connection with payments in local currencies are performed by Podular’s Payment Services Providers. In certain cases, however, when certain currencies are not supported by certain payment methods, you will be charged in US$ even if the price is displayed in another currency. In any event, the actual charged amount (in the actual payment currency) will be clearly disclosed to you before you complete the payment.
- Note that all prices on Podular are derived always from their original US$ price and, therefore, non-US$ currency prices may change daily in accordance with exchange rate fluctuations and may also include conversion fees. Buyers always have the option to pay in US$ by changing their selected displayed currency.
- If you paid for an Order in a currency other than US$ and your Order was later cancelled for any reason, the amount returned to your Podular Balance would be based on the exchange rate as of the date of cancellation. Therefore, the returned amount may vary from the paid amount in local currency terms, while always maintaining the same US$ value.
- Your Podular Balance is always valued in US$, even if it is displayed in a non-US$ currency. Therefore, should you choose to view your Podular Balance in any currency other than US$, it may change daily in accordance with exchange rate fluctuations, while always maintaining the same US$ value. Users always have the option to view their Podular Balance in US$ by changing their selected displayed currency.
In certain instances, Podular may offer you credits (“Podular Credits” or “Credits”), either for promotional purposes or otherwise, to be used for purchasing Services and/or other services offered on the Site. Your available Credit balance will appear in your account. Your valid Podular Credits will be automatically applied to your next purchase and can be viewed in your order summary after you place the order. Unless stated otherwise, Podular Credits expire following three months from their receipt. Podular Credits serve only as an incentive to use Podular, and, therefore, are not redeemable for cash, have no cash value and are nonrefundable. Once used, Podular Credits may not be returned to your account even if your Order gets cancelled . Podular Credits may be subject to additional conditions and restrictions as will be disclosed to You upon receipt of the Credits. Credits may be voided in the event of fraud, misuse, or violation of these Terms. Podular reserves the right to modify or cancel the Podular Credits program at any time. If you or Podular deactivate or suspend your Podular account, any unused Podular Credits in your account will be forfeited.
From time to time we may offer you promo codes for purchasing Services and/or other services offered on the Site, on special discounts. Promo Codes are valid only for purchases on Podular and are subject to different time limitations and will expire after their predefined term. To exercise your promo code, simply enter the code on the checkout page. If you fail to do so, your purchase will not be eligible for the discount. Promo codes are limited to one use per user and may not be used or combined with any other promotion. For orders that are composed of one or more milestones, the promo code will apply to the first milestone only. Promo Codes do not apply to Podular Credits. Promo codes may be subject to additional conditions and restrictions as will be disclosed to you upon receipt of the promo codes. Promo codes may be voided in the event of fraud, misuse, or violation of the Terms of Service. Podular reserves the right to modify or cancel promo codes at any time.
- Podular may be required by applicable laws to charge users with indirect taxes (such as Sales Tax, VAT or GST) or to withhold taxes. Any amount Podular will be required to collect will be in addition to the purchase amount and any other fees payable by the Buyer, and any amount Podular will be required to withhold will be deducted from the Seller’s revenue, as required by applicable laws.
- Indirect taxes are in addition to the price shown on the site, and in any event, any such taxes will always be displayed to the Buyer before payment.
- Users are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any GST, VAT, or income tax, which may apply to them depending on residency, location or otherwise, under provisions of their jurisdiction.